In my previous post, I wrote about the rise of distributed cloud deployment models, and explained how they close the gap between private and public clouds in order to deliver all the benefits of public cloud along with location-dependent cloud use cases.
In a traditional cloud computing architecture, the compute, and storage of all data is centralized. The cloud is able to leverage its massive compute and storage capability for large-scale data analysis and data storage. In a distributed cloud architecture, the full IT stack—compute, network, and storage resources—is distributed as cloud services across a private cloud, public clouds, and at the edge. However, the intelligence of the infrastructure continues to reside in the cloud, but latency-sensitive data is processed as physically close to where the data is being produced. This reduces latency and bandwidth requirements but also increases the need for compute power at the edge.
While an expertly designed distributed cloud enables end users to leverage next-generation technologies, meet regulatory and compliance mandates, and improve user experience, their fast-rising popularity does create complications for cloud services providers who are responsible for fast deployment and ongoing optimization at scale. Deploying a distributed cloud architecture also takes time, which is why infrastructure decision making must account for future growth and change.
Some of the Panduit products designed with cloud services providers in mind include:
- Fiber optic systems for high performance, reliability and scalability
High-speed fiber networks are a key component of distributed cloud architectures. Unlike other networking technologies, fiber optic networks are immune to external interferences and data losses. Thus, fiber is a reliable and scalable choice for mission-critical infrastructure and high-bandwidth, low-latency applications. In fact, fiber networks can carry a 10 gigabit ethernet (GbE) signal over 12 miles, compared to just 1 GbE over 300 feet for copper-based networks.
Panduit provides advanced bandwidth and mission-critical physical infrastructures with comprehensive fiber optic systems that are designed to enhance any fiber optic system, no matter the configuration or application.
- Racks and cabinets for fast deployment and flexible configuration
Equipment racks with toolless adjustable rails, flexible, adaptable cable management solutions, and overhead pathways that enable drop placement according to unique designs and ensure proper bend radiuses ensure that infrastructure goes in quickly and remains reliable over time. In addition, they enable effective optimization of space, power, and cooling resources.
- FlexFusion™ Cabinets from Panduit offer a unique universal platform for all types of data centers and servicing needs including Hyperscale, Edge and MTDCs. They’re built with best-in-class weight load of 3,500 lbs. and doors with maximum air flow of 80% to tackle even the most challenging cabinet installations.
- The Panduit Adjustable Depth 4 Post Rack is a multiple depth rack that combines the stability of a cabinet with the accessibility of an open rack to provide maximum flexibility when designing the network layout. It’s part of a complete rack and cable management system for managing and protecting networking technologies. Each rack has 39 different depth options from 23 inches to 42 inches in 0.5-inch increments.
More Ways Panduit Helps Cloud Operators Succeed
With manufacturing and continuity of supply on a global scale, Panduit has the expertise and the reach to provide innovative solutions to support the infrastructure design and deployment objectives of cloud operators—anywhere, anytime.
- Faster time-to-market backed by highly available, easily deployable solutions.
Our cloud Infrastructure solutions are designed to support this fast-moving cloud architecture e volution by reducing assembly and installation time by up to 60%.
- Global reach supported by a worldwide partner ecosystem, sustainable supply chain with
regional in-market capabilities.
Our global presence, backed by the Panduit ONE Partner Program, ensures continuity of supply on a global scale. We also operate extensive manufacturing capabilities are distributed across nine different locations, and have nine warehouses to help facilitate and augment the fulfillment operations of our distribution partners.
- Innovative solutions that drive usability and enable cloud requirements for performance at scale.
We have a rich history of technical advances, along with our deep understanding of market needs and challenges developed through ongoing customer engagement and collaboration. Additionally, our infrastructure solutions are standards-based and backed by industry-leading warranties to ensure reliability and dependability.
- Safety and security for people and places inside operating environments.
Our intelligent infrastructure supports site security through electronic access control and environmental monitoring, while our electrical infrastructure solutions—which are unique in the cloud applications space—provide grounding and bonding to protect against electrical accidents.
Scaling cloud infrastructure globally, consistently, rapidly and safely with limited environmental impact requires a partner built to deliver against these requirements. To learn more how Panduit delivers a flexible physical infrastructure that is foundational to cloud services architecture, download and read our Distributed Cloud Infrastructure Insights eBook.
If you haven’t already done so, subscribe for updates to stay informed. And don’t forget to check our website to learn more about our cloud infrastructure data center solutions.