Today at the BICSI 2022 Fall Conference, Cabling Installation & Maintenance announced the honorees for their 2022 competition in the Cabling Innovators Awards. The Cabling Innovators Awards annually recognizes products and projects that stand out as industry innovations, and this year, Panduit walks away with eight awards, which ties the record that they set in 2018.
Panduit has received two Platinum awards, the first one for the RapidID™ Network Mapping System which is a solution that utilizes a Bluetooth®-enabled handheld scanner to automate labeling, tracing, and troubleshooting on patch cords that are pre-labeled with unique barcodes. The RapidID™ Network Mapping System helps network engineers place and trace cables more quickly and accurately, which reduces the time and cost of cable documentation by up to 50% while also making the overall documentation process less painful and error prone.
The second Platinum award that Panduit received is for the GIGA School Project. The GIGA School concept is aimed at improving educational institutions’ information and communication technology (ICT) environments, supporting high-speed, high-performance data communications. The early stages of the plan included Kawachinagano City, Japan aiming to equip one network device per student, install projectors and large-screen TVs in classrooms, and offer international exchange classes using teleconferencing systems. As the COVID-19 pandemic was on the rise, Takuji Hayakawa, a data specialist for the Education General Affairs Section for the Education Promotion Department of the Kawachinagano City Board of Education Office, recognized that a “fundamental revamp of [their] network infrastructure was necessary” and that most of the project needed to be completed by the end of 2020. The city chose Panduit to install various wiring materials and parts including Category 6A UTP Cables, field term plugs, and patch cords in twenty schools within Kawachinagano City. After the project was completed, Hiroo Yamasaki, the Education General Affairs Section Manager for the Education Promotion Department of the Kawachinagano City Board of Education Office, concluded that “Equipping schools with the best ICT hardware for learning, within budget, is our professional duty. Not only did we complete ahead of other cities, we’ve also achieved high-quality ICT infrastructure for the GIGA School environment.”
In addition to the two Platinum awards that Panduit received, Panduit was also awarded five Gold awards and one Silver award:
- FlexCore™ Optical Distribution Frame (Gold Honoree) – a versatile front-access cabling system that provides the necessary protection for critical connections.
- FieldCord Connectors (Gold Honoree) – these indoor and outdoor connectors are ideal for not only connecting network devices that require a plug connection to the network but also for port areas and/or cabling routing paths within network devices that are too small to use Panduit® TX6A™ Field Term Plugs.
- SmartZone™ Uninterruptible Power Supply (Gold Honoree) – delivers highly efficient and reliable power that provides protection and backup power for Computer IT equipment.
- OneMode™ (Gold Honoree) – a passive media converter that increases the speed of legacy multimode-fiber cables by eliminating modal dispersion. It is designed to help meet the need for speed without having to rip and replace legacy infrastructure.
- PanMPO™ Fiber Connector (Gold Honoree) – the only connector on the market to allow changes in gender and polarity without needing any additional tools.
- Wire Basket (Silver Honoree) – designed to route and manage copper data cables, fiber optic, or power cables within data centers, connected building, and industrial automation applications. Innovative features provide quick, safe, and easy assembly for reduced installation costs and faster deployment.
“At the core of Panduit is the relentless pursuit to solve market pervasive problems and to continuously innovate. By listening to our customers and their diversified infrastructure needs, we are able to design and develop solutions that will help them grow in an evolving world” states Tom Kelly, Panduit’s Senior Vice President of Network and Electrical Infrastructure. “It is an honor to be recognized by CI&M with eight Innovators Awards.”
For more information regarding the CI&M Cabling Innovators Awards, click here.