In just a couple days, the Pro AV industry will begin to gather in Orlando for InfoComm 2019, an opportunity to learn from industry leaders, see new products, and connect with colleagues in North America’s largest AV show. Panduit, in conjunction with recently acquired Atlona, will be showing a complete end-to-end AV over IP system, featuring Atlona’s OmniStream™ solution, plus the infrastructure and connectivity needed for a quality AV ecosystem.
Visitors to Atlona’s booth (3012) will see everything needed to add collaboration capabilities to a conference room, classroom or huddle space, or to add or upgrade digital signage within their facility. This includes a variety of components from Atlona, no stranger to InfoComm and the AV environment. Panduit, which acquired Atlona in January, will demonstrate its latest enterprise-level equipment racks, cabinets and connectivity solutions for AV, with a focus on helping integrators and end users streamline the installation and management of their core system architectures.
The big change in the Atlona booth this year is the addition of Panduit’s infrastructure solutions:
- Quality twisted pair copper cabling and connectivity to connect switchers and extenders
- Equipment racks and wall-mount cabinets that house AV and networking equipment
- In-room solutions including table boxes that provide connectivity for meeting participants, in-wall boxes to house gear behind monitors, and Above Floor Raceway to safely and efficiently route data, power, and AV cables in rooms where core drilling isn’t feasible
For Panduit, InfoComm provides us an opportunity to close the knowledge gap around how to identify and choose the most appropriate Layer 1 infrastructure for each AV project. We’re excited to speak with Atlona partners and customers about how Panduit can help them deploy Atlona products easier and faster with quality cable management, reliable infrastructure, and secure connectivity.
Panduit AV Infrastructure
Panduit will emphasize key solutions at its dedicated station in the Atlona booth:
- Panduit Two-Post Rack System: This dual-column data rack offers a reliable foundation for mounting AV and data center equipment and is ideal for installation in enterprise-wide IT distribution closets. Its modular design offers side access with plenty of space to efficiently install, manage and organize cables, patch panels and other accessories, reducing installation times by up to 15 percent compared to competitive solutions. The display will feature a wide variety of Panduit cabling and connectivity, as well as cable management solutions.
- Panduit Wall-Mount Cabinets: Offering the same foundational strength and systems integration efficiency as Panduit’s two-post racks, these compact cabinets provide a secure and reliable solution for facilities requiring infrastructure and patching solutions in open spaces, or in equipment rooms with limited real estate.
- Panduit Field-Terminable Plugs: These modular plugs allow contractors to run horizontal cable direct to equipment, eliminating the need for jacks, surface-mounted boxes and/or patch cords – reducing installation times and upfront costs by up to 40 percent, while eliminating multiple points of failure.
- Panduit In-Room AV Solutions: In-wall and in-table boxes, while not the central point in any AV system, make it easier for users to connect and collaborate. And, Panduit’s award-winning Above Floor Raceway is easy to install, easy to use, durable and ADA compliant – everything you want in your conference rooms or huddle spaces.
Panduit will populate the two-post racks and wall-mounted cabinets with Atlona equipment, including OmniStream AV over IP devices – a springboard for a broader conversation about how quality infrastructure and connectivity will ensure that video, audio and data signal integrity is maintained across the ecosystem. Panduit representatives will also be on hand to discuss other infrastructure concerns, including the benefits and ideal scenarios of applying unshielded cable versus shielded cable, for example.
Beyond offering a robust and reliable infrastructure, we look forward to demonstrating how our systems provide the generous headroom and bandwidth required to support the higher resolution of 4K/UHD and HDR signals moving across the enterprise. Quality infrastructure directly relates to the quality of the AV signals being deployed. The better the quality of the cable and connectivity you have, the less you need to worry about pixel drops, discoloration,
InfoComm 2019 takes place from June 12-14 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. If you haven’t already secured a free pass, you can register for a free pass using code ATL175.